Several years ago, our friend Janelle on Talk of Tomatoes shared our favorite “virtual dinner,” chicken curry sauce. A chutney pot is a simple shortcut to a delicious Indian-style meal. We used her recipe, along with a favorite relish of the house, to make this delicious dairy-free chicken curry sauce recipe.
Quick, easy and delicious dairy-free chicken chutney
One thing I really like about this recipe is how well it goes with most vegetables. Potatoes, tomatoes, broccoli, edamame (yes, technically a legume), asparagus, carrots, zucchini, you name it. Janelle recommends compressing the frozen veggies section of Trader Joe’s for some great mixes that require absolutely no preparation.
You can also turn it into a vegetarian meal, if desired. Simply replace the chicken with tofu. Squeeze to remove as much water as possible, then cut into cubes and fry as directed.
love janelle Major Gray Sauce In this recipe – it is a type of mango chutney that is made by few brands. You can use regular mango sauce, if preferred. sell batak a Triple Mango Sauce If you want to experiment! And be sure to use Canned full fat coconut milk (Shake, you can use everything, not just the cream.) Do not replace the drinkable milk drink, it is very watery.
Special Diet Notes: Curry Chicken Sauce
Depending on the ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free/non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, and soy-free.
Chicken Curry With Dairy Free Sauce
author: Adapted from Taste of Home
Recipe type: Login
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 minced garlic cloves or 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- Half a teaspoon of salt
- Half a teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup major gray sauce or mango sauce
- ½ cup canned coconut milk
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium to high heat. Add the chicken and stir-fry until browned, about 3 minutes.
- Add curry powder, garlic or ginger, salt and pepper. Fry for one to two minutes.
- Add the sauce and coconut milk and let the mixture boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and flavors have combined.
cauliflower rice: Put some cauliflower florets in a blender and blend until finely chopped. Heat a little oil in a skillet over medium heat, add the chopped cauliflower and saute until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. I like to mix 50/50 white rice with cauliflower rice.
More easy dairy-free dinners for curry lovers
Rice, shrimp and coconut shrimp dishes
5 ingredient pumpkin curry soup
Health in Harry Curry Chicken Nuggets